These traditional treats come in many forms. We like to add a little coffee to our buttercream for the perfect fika treat. Why not try a few different roasts until you find your favourite?
Very finely ground coffee
Room temperature butter
Dark chocolate (approx. 60%)
How to make these tasty fika favourites:
- Roughly grate the almond paste and whisk with the egg white until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Cut out rounds of the mixture (roughly the size of a 50p) then place on baking paper.
- Flatten and bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 mins at 175°C.
- Remove and let cool before removing from the baking paper.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients until smooth and spread on the smooth base of each biscuit.
- Pop them in the fridge to keep cold.
- Melt the chocolate and let cool slightly.
- Dip the biscuits in the chocolate and then leave to harden in the fridge.