How to make the perfect glas of iced coffee
What you’ll need:
Cafetière or Chemex
Milk or milk alternative to finish
- Brew your coffee.
- Just remember, as the ice will dilute your coffee, you’ll need to make it a little stronger (a ratio of 72g of coffee per litre of water should do it). So, if you’re making a half litre batch, you’ll need to use 36g of ground coffee and 500ml of water.
- Once brewed, pour your coffee into a jug or carafe. Just make sure you pick something that’ll fit in your fridge! Add sugar to the hot brewed coffee (1g of sugar for every 100ml) and stir until fully dissolved. This balances out the bitterness and acidity, which can be more obvious when drinking it cold.
- Put your coffee in the fridge and leave for a couple of hours to cool down.
- Fill a glass with ice and then pour over your coffee. You can drink it black, or add some milk/milk alternative to create a delicious iced latte.
- Enjoy! For the full fika experience, remember to add cake and good company.