How to make this indulgent choklad treat at home
Espresso machine / Bean-to-cup machine / Pod machine
Coffee beans / pod
Hot chocolate powder
Milk or milk alternative
Optional: Dark chocolate (and a hand grater)
- Fill your kettle with water (ideally freshly filtered) and boil.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of hot chocolate powder and a splash of freshly boiled water (roughly 50ml) in your cup, until fully dissolved.
- Steam (foam) your favourite milk or milk alternative using your coffee machine. You should aim for a temperature of about 65°c, when the milk should have dense bubbles and the texture of melted ice cream.
- No milk steamer on your coffee machine? You can get a similar effect by warming the milk in a pan, adding to a cafetière, then pumping the plunger until the volume doubles in size.
- Pour the warmed milk into your cup. Grate some dark chocolate over the top for the authentic kafé feel. Or get creative and add toppings of your choice!
- Enjoy! For the full fika experience, remember to add cake and good company.