Getting the very best from a V60
For those of you who haven’t heard, a V60 is a manual device for making pour over (or filter) coffee. It’s designed to be easy to use while delivering a delicious brew – here’s how we recommend you use one.
What you’ll need:
V60 filter paper
Step by step:
- Fold your filter along the seam to make a cone, then put it into your V60. Place the V60 on top of your cup.
- Pour some hot water through your V60 and then discard it (this step will heat everything up nicely and rinse the filter paper).
- Put your ground coffee into the V60 and gently shake it flat – we recommend using 15g of Löfbergs and 250ml of water per cup. Following this pour 10% of the total brewing water volume over the coffee, allowing it to ‘bloom’ (this means releasing its CO2, increasing in size and making small bubbles).
- Slowly pour the remaining water over the coffee, avoiding the sides of the filter. Pouring in concentric circles is a great teknik! This step should take up to 90 seconds in total.
- Let the coffee drip through until finished, which should take a maximum of 3 minutes. Enjoy!